Friday, February 13, 2009

25 Randoms

So I've been tagged about 25 times on facebook, and basically I'm to post 25 random things about myself, and then I tag 25 others. Well, I'm not into tagging (isn't that graffiti, because if that's the case, I think tagging is neat minus the whole gang connection).

But I will post 25 things (random, whatever that means) about myself.

1) My son and I have the same birthmark.

2) I have a heart for adoption. I pray that its in the plans for me to adopt one day. Please, God?

3) I have a filthy mouth, and I'm okay with that. I don't think Jesus is though.

4) My husband and I are both introverts. We could spend the entire day together, never once interacting, and we would both tell you that we enjoyed the other's company.

5) I love living in the Midwest. I love the seasons, even Winter, and I love the pace - not too slow, not too fast. And the people are so kind - genuinely kind.

6) I've killed a chicken. I was four. Or was I three?

7) My son chews on dog toys. I let him.

8) Motherhood has made me a tree hugger (minus the pot smoking - I killed enough brain cells in college).

9) I've lived with dogs most of my life. I've slept in the same bed with dogs, shared furniture with dogs, swapped food with dogs. That's who I am, and if you aren't down with that, that's your problem.

10) My father is the smartest and hardest working person I know.

11) I have a relationship with my sister that I have never found in any two other people on this planet.

12) I love my Grandma. I love my Mom. A lot. But I see my Mom turning into my Grandma and me into my Mom. It's scary.

13) I proudly shop Craigslist, eBay, and etsy.

14) I love math.

15) I love the study of language.

16) My husband loves to make me breakfast, and he does so regularly. He melts my heart.

17) My husband taught me to shoot a gun. I loved it.

18) I love making things. Anything.

19) I'm a morning person.

20) I'm boy crazy.

21) I'm obsessed with Paul Simon.

22) I'm constantly struggling with whether or not to buy books. Books are good for the soul but not for trees.

23) The first thing I want to do when I get to Heaven? Smell my Grandpa. I miss his smell. A mix of beer and oily skin. A nostalgic combo.

24) When I was 13, I went on a six-week mission's trip traveling across Europe (sleeping in a tent). That experience was life-changing.

25) God has been so good to me - I don't deserve it.

3 comments:

holly said...

I've thought about #12 many times. I am constantly doing/saying things that remind me of my mother. And she is constantly doing/saying things that remind me of my grandmother. Do you ever wonder where that started? I'm sure my grandmother said the same thing about her mother, and her mother, etc, etc.

anorthern said...

You should get a Kindle 2! Books w/o the environmental impact of a printed copy.

Marla Taviano said...

I have a lot to say. :)

1. Gabe and Livi have the same birthmark.

2. Me too.

4. We do this daily.

5. I hate winter.

6. I killed an opossum.

12. I KNOW!!! (me, not you)

22. Buy them used. Go to the library.

25. Me too. Thank you, Jesus!

26. Love you, girl!