Thursday, November 13, 2008

God is GOOD!

God is so good. I saw my doctor yesterday, and I expected to receive a script to begin extensive physical therapy on my ankle. I knew that I would be getting x-rays, but I was unsure what those x-rays would show. As it turns out, my visit with my amazing doctor (shout out to Dr. Baker) went better than I anticipated. 

My x-rays show that I am healing well. I saw my x-rays, and what I didn't know is that I have some serious hardware in my leg! On the inside of my ankle I have two substantial screws. On the outside, I have a large plate (4-5 inches long) screwed into the bone with six screws. Additionally I have one long screw that goes through the plate and is stabilizing the tear in my ligament. That screw will be removed in a month.

Dr. Baker said that I could switch to wearing a shoe (a real shoe!), and I can begin to put weight on my ankle! He said that I could walk, slowly, and he even gave me the thumbs up to hold and carry my son!!! That was the best news. Finally, he gave me the option of physical therapy. I told him that I would prefer PT so that I can learn exercises to do at home so he wrote me a script for two weeks of PT.
Wow! I really expected to be without the use of my leg for another couple of weeks. God is so good. Thank you so much for your prayers and support. And without the help of my family and Matt's family, I really don't know what we would have done. This experience has grown our family, and for that I am so grateful.

0 comments: