Saturday, October 11, 2008

College Football Saturday

Normally I would be thrilled to welcome another College Football Saturday - relaxin' on the couch; indulging in pizza, chips and maybe a beer; fading into a catnap while keeping one eye open not to miss a big play; occasionally shouting at the t.v. as if the referees and players can hear my barking; and grinning from ear-to-ear when the Buckeyes sprint down the field for another six points.
But I'm just not feeling it today. I am now approaching week three of couch dwelling due to a very broken ankle. And to say that I'm over it would be a gross understatement. 
I'm ready to walk on two feet without the sound of rubber crutches hitting the ground. I'm ready to pick up my son and sway back-and-forth in order to calm one of his fussy spells. I'm ready to jog along the bike path through the nearby nature preserve taking in the layers of changing leaves unveiling for autumn. I'm ready.
But I have another month, at least, of couch dwelling and one-legged hobbling. And it will only be by the grace of God that I will survive it.

But for what it's worth, Go Bucks!

0 comments: