Thursday, October 23, 2008

The cost of a beautiful campaign

I like Campbell Brown (CNN anchor). I liked her when she was on the Today show, and I like her on No Bias, No Bull. She recently delivered this commentary in reference to the Sarah Palin shopping spree. 

I think Brown brings up a good point: women are held to a high standard when it comes to their appearance. When I first heard about Palin's $150,000 wardrobe makeover, it didn't bother me. I don't care how RNC dollars are spent. I did wonder if Sarah was offended. How'd it all go down? Did McCain's campaign manager say, "hey, Sarah, we want you to be McCain's running-mate, but only after we give you a seriously expensive makeover. The small-town hockey-mom look just ain't our style." I would be offended. I understand the importance of looking professional, but as our girl, Michelle, has so beautifully displayed, one can do that in $150 dress from White House Black Market. 

Michelle Obama on The View in $150 off-the-rack dress from White House Black Market. Stylish. Gorgeous. Chic. Inexpensive.

0 comments: