Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tag, you're it.

There are a couple dozen blogs that I check regularly. Most of them are blogs belonging to friends, but there are a handful that belong to complete strangers. I simply stumbled upon their blogs through a friend, and for whatever reason, I decided that I enjoyed their blog enough to follow it.
One such blog, 4 little men and girly twins, recently posted two Tags, and I decided to participate in one of them (a Tag means that you have been tagged by another blogger, and you are supposed to follow suit by answering the questions or following the directions and then tagging other bloggers).

The first tag is titled "7 Things About Me" (blogging about 7 things you may not know about me).

The rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Write 7 random things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post.
4. Pass on the tag.

Here I go:
  1. I live in a politically divided marriage. It is no secret who I will be voting for on November 4th (just look around my blog), thus you can imagine who my husband plans to vote for (unless I manage to convert him!).
  2. I married a hunter. That's not really a big deal, except that means that we have dead animals hanging up in our house (more specifically our basement - this suburban housewife will not stand for dead animals hanging in her living room - no way!).
  3. Speaking of hunting, I killed a chicken once. I was 3-years-old, it lived in our backyard, it pecked  me, I hit it with a stick, it died. Sad, but true.
  4. I go to church in my high school's auditorium. My church is young and doesn't have it's own building. We meet in a high school auditorium, and it happens to be the same high school from which I graduated. Every Sunday morning I inhale the scents of high school filling me with memories of my adolescence.
  5. My father is German. He was adopted by an American couple and moved to the United States when he was two-years-old. We love our German culture and try to incorporate it into many aspects of our life.
  6. At 13-years-old I went on a mission trip taking me to six different European countries. We slept in tents most of the time, and I was away from my family for nearly two months.
  7. In 28 years, I never had surgery (I did have my wisdom teeth removed when I was 17). But that all changed this year - I just underwent my second surgery - a c-section in April and ankle surgery two weeks ago. 

And now I tag YOU! If you want to participate, leave me a comment, post your tag on your blog, and I'll stop by and read it. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Homegrown Tribe said...

how fun! Now.... what HS would that be? I saw that you live in Dublin... I graduated from there. :)

Brittany

mrs boo radley said...

Hey, I ran over an emu and a duck with my car once (not at the same time). Your chicken story reminded me of that. I met my husband in the building where our church congregation met...an old vintage schoolhouse. I got my wisdom teeth out when I was 17!

And last but not least, "hi, my name is Leah"...found your blog through 4 little men and twins...

:)

Anonymous said...

Ali. I looked at 4 little men link and your site and I am in awe. They are so nice and I have no idea how you both have time to keep up with all of those blogs!!!!