Friday, October 24, 2008

I just lost 75 mom points.

I did what I said that I would never do. I sat Henry in front of the T.V., pushed buttons 7 and 4 on the remote, and sat back as Henry became enthralled in Noggin and all it's educational-ness (at least that's what I'm telling myself). See, my son is only 6 months old, so the likelihood that he is learning as he stares at the screen on the wall is actually more of a joke. Let's face it. He is merely stimulated by the lights, colors, and round-on-the-edges cartoon characters. As for me, I got some work done, but was it worth all the guilt and shame? Um, yeah, pretty much, it was.

2 comments:

Deni said...

Well if you lost 75 - I have lost many...sometimes when Parker won't settle down, I sit him in his swing and turn on Noggin! Or in the mornings, it's Nick Jr! He will sit all the way through Dora, Deigo, and the Backyardigans (heck I watch them too!)

Anonymous said...

I agree about all of the above mentioned things you said. You are always right on target:)