Saturday, March 21, 2009

Don't Waste Your Life.

When you think of hip-hop and rap, what images come to mind? Be honest.

If you know me at all, you know that I LOVE hip-hop and rap. I'm a white girl, mother, and suburbanite, but I can't get enough 2Pac, Wyclef, and Tribe (and the list goes on and on and on).

Yet I realize that rap is often associated with violence, sexual exploitation, and misogyny.

But when I lived in Louisiana, I was introduced to a group of outstanding young hip-hop artists who deliver a very different message. They deliver God's message. Through their beats and rhythms and witty lyrics, they reach out to young men and women who need to hear a different story than what they are used to hearing in their hoods and broken homes.

Lecrae and a few other select artists are using their unbelievable talent to spread the message of truth in their Don't Waste Your Life tour.

Here is one of their commercials. I'm praying that we can make it work for them to make an appearance in Central Ohio. Our youth could really benefit from it.

0 comments: