Friday, March 20, 2009

Yes, President Obama, I was offended.

Most of you know that I voted to elect Barack Obama for President. 


Most of you know that I am a strong Obama supporter though I have not supported every decision that he has ever made (nor do I believe that I'll support every decision that he'll make in the future).

One such decision occurred last night on Jay Leno. I do not support the President's decision to flippantly joke about his bowling skills in the manner that he did.



Let's pray that President Obama learned a lesson last night.

1 comments:

Ali said...

Thanks, 'Pro', for your feedback. I'm not sure who you are, otherwise I would have responded to you directly.
As I wrote in my post, I am disappointed in the President's choice. He is human, and God knows that he will make more mistakes - daily. That's what we humans do best, I guess. Thank goodness for redemption.
Unfortunately I don't believe that the Jay Leno interview and the Palin video that you sent me are comparable. Mainly because the Palin video was rehearsed and scripted. The President's comment on Leno was not. Does Palin ever make mistakes when she speaks off-script? I imagine that she does.
And naturally, she is extremely sensitive to the issue of children with disabilities. Because President Obama does not have a child with a disability does not excuse his behavior, by any means. But it does make it hard for me to compare the two regarding this specific issue.
Thanks again for stopping by and sharing your thoughts and opinion. That's why I blog -to express my opinion and listen/learn from the opinions of others.